5 star dishes and best wishes

5 star dishes and best wishes
food for the family

Saturday 12 March 2011

muffins

This was our breakfast the other morning.

I make my muffins a smaller size so that they are perfect for my kids. I made blueberry and chocolate chip muffins out of the same recipe.








So here is what you need:
a bag of chocolate chips
frozen or fresh blueberries
2 cups of gluten free flour (for non gluten free use 2 cups all purpose flour)
1 tsp of zanthan gum
  1/2 cups of sugar (I had to use diabetic sugar)
  3 tsp of baking powder
  1/2 tsp of salt
  3/4 cup of milk (use lactose if your intolerant)
  1/3 cup of oil
  1 egg beaten

So i always mix all my dry ingredients together and put them off to the side. Then in my mixer I start with the egg, get it beaten up and add the rest of the wet ingredients. After the wet ingredients are mixed well I add the dry to the wet and mix it well. When that is all mixed well I add my chips or blueberries. Now scoop your batter into your sprayed muffin pans.. So here is what you do next:

  3 tbs of sugar
  2 tbs of brown sugar
mix them together and sprinkle on top of your muffins
place your muffins in a 400 degree oven for about 15 mins, but keep an eye on them time depends on your oven.
  Let them cool in the muffin pan a few mins before putting them on a wire rack. Then eat them up, they are so yummy. They also freeze very well for another day or for large batches.