5 star dishes and best wishes

5 star dishes and best wishes
food for the family

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Ham and potatoe soup

This was so good and so easy. I had left over ham from the night before so I diced it up. About 3 1/2 cups worth. I also did the same amount in potato. I added this to 3 1/4 cups of water. The drippings from when the ham orginal cooked, but if you don't have the drippings they can be left out. I added to chicken bullion cubes. 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Diced up onion and celery

Then in a sauce pan I did
5 tbs butter
5 tbs flour
use gluten free flour in place of regular flour if you have a wheat allergy
2 cups of milk
Milk allergy its okay use your soy or almond milk

Once this thicked after brought to a boil I added it to ham and potaot pan and simmered for an hour.

I then added, knowing my alergy child wasn't going to eat this {she already requested homemade tomato soup} copper cheese to the pan allowing it to melt .

This was so good. We had homemade dinner rolls with it but another good idea is to add croutons on top of the soup before you serve.

This was a hit and I had no left over soup. Can't wait to make it again

Enjoy